Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Funny ...

Isn't it funny that the more water I drink the more fluids I lose? Being a lifetime dieter, I know that most of the weight loss in the first week is water weight but that doesn't make it any less satisfying to have lost over 6 pounds in four days ... I love it and already went down half an inch in what use to be my waist.

I did change my goal weight today, so have more to lose. Did this because my BMI (body mass index) was still going to be above the 'normal' range when I got to my goal, but we'll see how things look then. Usually when I get below 150 I start looking drawn and sick and really don't want to do that. Besides, last time I was 153, I wore a size 8 for the first time in my life and really don't need to be that small. Will be happy in a ten at my age -- certainly not looking for any bikini time! ROFLOL ... And, to be honest, I gave away all my size 8 pants a couple of years ago and think I will do just fine with the closet full of 10s I have!

I was a good girl on our shopping trip yesterday. Went out to lunch with DH and had an ice tea w/Stevia, ate from my handy dandy sandwich bag 100g of chicken tenders (overcooked darn it)with basil and a touch of cayenne and 160g of raw cauliflower .. about 200 calories added to 65 calories for the half grapefruit in the morning. I only indulged in one sample throughout the day of shopping in Costco, Sam's Club and Whole Foods ... Whole Foods had organic blueberries out and I had ONE of them ... surprised even me! Home at last ... Had the lean ground beef again for 191 cal ... what I thought was a huge wedge of cabbage, but only 85g approx 20 calories, and 75 grams of strawberries ... 24 cal ... for a total yesterday of exactly 500 calories, if you don't count my one blueberry ... I was walking when I ate it, so maybe it doesn't count? HAHA

I seem to have a need for that half a grapefruit in the a.m. so will just continue buying smaller and smaller ones and see if I can't ween myself off them. I don't think the little ones I am purchasing amount to the full 65 calories the chart says, but difficult to weigh them since I devour each spoonful as I go!

I did manage to purchase the organic strawberries at Whole Foods .. a little more expensive than the ones I saw at Costco, but so much fresher and healthier looking that I deemed it worthwhile. Also picked up some fresh liquid Stevia (I noticed mine was not sweetening things = then looked at the date 2008!!! YIPES) and some vanilla Stevia also. The grapefruits were HUGE so I passed on those. Picked up stuff DH wanted to but tried not to look at the pure maple syrup, and such as that.

I belong to a "Mystery Box" group which is similar to secret pals but different ... and I found some peppermint tea and some green tea in one today so took two of each out and put in a couple I shouldn't be drinking right now ... easy way to see if I like them before buying a box!

Haven't picked up any followers here for my diet and no comments as I had hoped to .. wanting the accountability, but that's OK too ... I can do this with or without people support ... prayer helps!

5 comments:

Anura said...

Hey - nice blog! I like the train on top. You can do this, I know you can. Get through the first week, and it will be a bit easier. I'm rooitng for you!

~ Anura

Kauai Boy said...

Way to go Pam. Walking will burn a lot of those nasty calories. I'm in this with you.

Aloha.
KB

Anonymous said...

Just starting vlcd today (loaded for 2 days). I'm 57 y male 260#. Didn't want to bite off more than I could chew so only going to try 25 to 30 days - hope to lose 30 to 35 #.I know I'll still be overweight but better than where i'm at now. I'll be watching your progress and let you know how i'm doing. I think we'll do great.

Pam said...

Anon ... as a man, you will probably do it .. and hey, if you find it was easy, you can always extend the round to 40, but its all individual! Have you found the forums? This one is all folks that started P2 this week: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/f31/homeopathic-hcg-lounge-march-2011-a-21188/index31.html

Anura & KB ... thanks so much for the support!!

Pam said...

Anon ... my phone went KAFLOOOEY and I lost my email from you ... please resend it .. would like to encourage you also ... The forums are great ... no judging and lots of help!