Monday, March 14, 2011

FOOD ...

Well, I lost that nasty 1.4 gain and another .4 and am down 2 1/4 inches too, so am a happy camper today.

It occurred to me last night I haven't spoken all that much about the food I'm eating ... 500 calories sounds pretty boring and from what I am hearing on the forums, is for some folks .. but yesterday was a typical day for me ...

For breakfast, water, coffee and a half grapefruit cuz I was a little hungry.

For lunch I used 100g of 97/3 ground beef to make meatballs using spices only, no other fillers, and stuck them in the oven (350 .. 15 minutes ... did 6 so they were little) ... then I pureed a tomato and added all the spices I love in spaghetti, including a little dried onion, garlic and bell pepper(just a touch, it was a small amount of sauce) and let that simmer while the meatballs cooked. I drained and even patted the meatballs with paper toweling to make sure any fat was long gone then put it in the sauce to simmer for a bit. This was a yummy lunch!

For dinner, I simmered three chicken breasts in water with onion, garlic, celery and a bit of Celtic sea salt to make broth. Weighed the chicken raw and knew there was 5 servings there, so when cooked and rinsed, I weighed it again and divided it for five meals. After cooling the broth, I removed the fat and divided it into 1 cup containers with a little left over for apple desserts ... will explain that too ... I used one portion of the chicken shredded for a chicken salad with crispy romaine lettuce for dinner. AND I have four more meals partially prepared!

For my dessert/snack .. I sliced an apple in a bowl, covered with a goodly amount of cinnamon, then drizzled it with about 2 teaspoons *gasp* chicken broth with a dropper of cinnamon stevia (I sometimes use plain or vanilla stevia) ... about 2 1/2 minutes in the microwave .. and YUMMMM .. someone on the forums mentioned the broth for this so gave it a try. You do not taste the broth, but it really thickens the juices into a nice syrup.

So that was a typical day for me ... today I am fixing beef again, but simmering it in beef broth with cabbage for a nice soup ... not sure about tonight yet, will see where my taste buds lead me ... maybe Swai ... a very mild new fish we found at Wally World ... pretty good stuff!

We also drink lots of water ... half your body weight in ounces ... so 180 pounds means 90 ounces ... so that keeps ya running believe me! One of the gals on my favorite forum runs the drive through window at a bank .. said she was gonna lose her job running to the potty so much! I can believe it! Think I am wearing a hole in the carpet!!

Well ... Happy Scales to you all!

No comments: