Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Major wooooooohooooooooo

Yep ... you see it up there??? TWENTY pounds down ... that is 2-0 ... Yippppeeeee ... (actually 20.2lbs)

OK, that said ... I am feeling a bit better even though the shaping is not happening yet .. I know 20 pounds is gonzo .. not lost (for then you might find it) but G*O*N*E ... so, I am positive that soon my body will acknowledge that and shape up a bit.

I know some think this is a crazy or crazed journey (read DIET) but it is working and I just don't care what anyone else thinks of it. The forums I participate in have hundreds of folks on this same journey losing hundreds of pounds, feeling healthy for the first time in years and enjoying an entire new life ... that is good enough for me! I get tons of support and help there and I'm good with that. We all have enough stored UGLY fat for our bodies to subsist on and although you may not think 500 calories is much, sometimes it is hard to eat that much HEALTHY foods!

Next phase will be three weeks of eating "clean" .. no added sugars or starches and only healthy fats (coconut oil, avocados, nuts, sugar free bacon, eggs, Greek yogurt and the like) with enough calories to maintain the current weight ... probably about 1600 - 1700 for me. It is truly baby steps .. adding in one food at a time to see what your body is sensitive to or stores instead of burning up.

After that, there is three weeks of adding in some sugars and starches .. quinoa, here I come... and continuing to maintain within 2 lbs of the weight you finished with after the 500 calorie weeks. Again, adding things in slowly and remaining aware. Then you may start all over if you still have weight to lose. This can be done over and over but each time you add a week to the two adding in phases ...

I am hopeful that I will reach my goal, or close enough to it, in two rounds, but we shall see. That is IF I manage to maintain and not gain after I start adding in! And with all of this discipline, we are learning to control the eating .. eat when you are hungry, stop when you are full, is a mantra we read quite often on the threads.

Wishing happy scales to you all ... happy reshaping to me ... and God's blessings on everyone!

No comments: