Friday, November 7, 2008

WOOO HOOOO It Snowed!

OK, the flakes were almost microscopic and it barely stuck around the edges of the grass in the really cold spots, but its a start! Was below 30 degrees most of the day and the wind is whistling through the trees at about 28 mph now ... almost winter ... yippee! Now, when it gets white out I will really be happy! Right now it is just too darn cold -- the snow insulates things and makes the bone chilling cold much more agreeable! It is sure to snow real good Thanksgiving weekend as I am going to be in California and that is just my luck. Seems every year I am in California for the first truly fluffy snowfall in Iowa- sigh!

1 comment:

Queen Sarah said...

I can't be sure, but I thought I saw a flake or two on the drive home from Clarinda. Mostly, the precipitation was very slight, spitting rain, but I do think I saw a flake. I would like to see a good, decisive snowfall, if it's going to snow!