Thursday, November 13, 2008

So blessed am I

Wow ... here I was feeling bad that I would be flying on Thanksgiving -- heading to an empty house in California as my hosts will be in San Diego ... when what to my wondering eye does appear but an invitation ...

A friend in Washington state told her daughter in California that I would be flying out and she immediately pummeled me about the head and shoulders to join their family at the grandparents house as soon as I arrive -- and offered to put me up that night to lesson my five hour drive to only four the next day! To be honest, she didn't have to pummel me very hard ... I love this family .. from the time I was 14, they have been a part of my life -- visiting and accepting visits, crying together, laughing, praying ... they are just an amazing group of people and I will be so blessed to spend this day of Thanks with them all. I will get to meet the next generation (#5) I am sure ... Julie's grandson, Ryker! Julie, who has had more on her plate than most, has always found time to write to my son in prison, send him a book, pictures, a smile ... she is an amazing woman! I am so excited about this trip now! Can't wait!

I am working more and enjoying less as I get ready for my trip -- making certain I have car rental money, hotel money, gas money .... not to mention the flight, cost of feeding everyone on the three day prison visit (about $70 to $100 during the visit, plus other meals outside) ... etc. But it is always worth it, and I won't have to work the whole time I am gone, so nice little vacation thrown in.

Not to mention, my church in California feeds my soul in ways that I cannot begin to explain -- strengthening me for everything that comes along. My pastor, Richard Cimino, at Metro Calvary is anointed by God and gives His word to all of us in ways that leave me hungering for all of His riches. If you want to experience some of that glory, click on the link and check out a lesson ... my most recent HIGHLY recommended one would be Monday, Sept 29 as we explored 1 Samuel 17 ... just awesome!

Be blessed!

No comments: