Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Spring is still lost!

My word ... most of my friends have lost the urge to write at the same time I did! Well, I see some are moving (although they are going places I knew nothing of) and others are traveling for work or just working or vacationing ... guess we all got busy as Winter began to give way to Spring. I think I fell out of the loop during my last trip.

I was truly planning to do some blogging and catch up with everyone when I was in CA for a month, however I had the flu for almost two weeks and was completely alone so beyond dragging myself from bed to shower I didn't do much at all. Luckily my church has live streaming of all their services and I was able to be fed the Word even though I had no eating food, help or medicine and all turned out well. It was not a fun experience, I can tell you that. Am still rather weak around the edges.

Heading out Morel hunting tomorrow ... I will be slow on the hills for sure but am looking forward to some fresh mushrooms! Still have a few dried ones from last year, but fresh just taste so much better.

Mother's Day we are heading to Boone, IA to ride their excursion train and have dinner. I am so delighted to have this opportunity -- I do love the train!

Of course, next week I will join a group of unknown friends (well, I have met two of them) on the Amtrak for a trip to CA ... I am only on from Omaha to Sacramento, but there are folks that are doing Emeryville CA to NY and back ... and many embarking and disembarking all along the way. Will be an interesting and fun trip. We plan to meet folks at some of the stops along the way to say hello, play poker and LCR on board and just have fun! I think the youngest person going (other than with parents) is 16 and the oldest has a few years on me! Will be a hoot!

No comments: