Friday, May 15, 2009

Choo-Choo All-Aboard!!!

Just one more day and I will be off on the Amtrak Rail Trip with my fellow crazies ummmm hobby enthusiasts from Where's George!

Some of you know I register all my paper money, mark it with various stamps then spend it and wait to hear about the adventures my money goes on without me ... I haven't figured out why everyone doesn't do it -- you don't have to stamp the money, many folks just write the web site on them, and some just register and spend -- stealth Georging can be fun too. But I digress!!

I am only a small part of this trip ... it began in Emeryville, CA, went south and across country to Louisiana, then north to New York. The folks that are on the train are on their way to Chicago now ... I will be joining them Saturday night in Omaha and we will be picking up more along the way.

We have amazing folks in our group who designed T-shirts, Where'sGeorge Passports to be signed, postcards to sign and mail to those who couldn't come, postage stamps to use on the postcards, acrylic stamps to use on our bills for the trip and just so much craziness to look forward to it is hard to tell it all at once.

I know a couple of the people who will join the train but am excited about meeting the others -- plus at any stop that is longer than a couple of minutes, local folks will be coming by to greet us and say hello. Most of us have been talking on forums for a long time, some have met in person but many have not ... The youngest WG? member who is traveling with us is 16 and we go up from there .. I know I'm not the oldest at 61, so its quite a diverse group! It will be fun, regardless!

I am going to Sacramento and staying there for a week to go visit my son. Will try to get back here and tell about the trip, may even have some photos to share.

No comments: