Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Iowa Transplant via Semi-Sunny California





A friend sent this poem to me tonight ... she is born and raised in the area and probably feels significantly superior to this California transplant when it comes to snow and ice -- I, however, take my dog out in sub-zero temperatures (he wears boots and I do wear a hat now that it is below zero outdoors) and shovel snow (usually with gloves on). I just wanted to share this little piece of Iowa philosophy with you all because although some of us CHOOSE to live here in Iowa because of the people, the beauty and the peacefulness, some of us are obviously STUCK! LOL

Winter time in Iowa!

It's winter time in Iowa
And the gentle breezes blow
Seventy miles an hour
At twenty-five below.

Oh, how I love Iowa
When the snow's up to your butt
You take a breath of winter
And your nose gets frozen shut.

Yes, the weather here is wonderful
So I guess I'll hang around
I could never leave Iowa
'Cause I'm frozen to the ground!